Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm sorry for blogging less than usual. This has been a difficult week. The other new missionary left this week. Our schedules were flipped around for the final 3 weeks of classes this quarter.

Last week I was teaching 9 - 14 year olds. This week I'm teaching 4 - 12 year olds. It's a pretty radical shift.

I will fly to the Phillipines near the end of the month to secure my proper visa. I'm thrilled to get a chance to travel to the Phillipines. The United Methodist church there is very strong.

This morning I gave a speaking test to first grade students who speak English very well. The test revolved around healthy eating and living. Each student managed to work Kimchi and Rice into every answer. "What do you eat for breakfast?" "Kimchi and rice." "What is a 'balanced diet'?" "Kimchi and rice."

It was super cute, and I honestly believe they really do eat Kimchi and rice with every meal. I also found out that they make training-chopsticks for little kids. They are chopsticks with small finger straps to teach the kids proper finger placement.

I'll try and update more regularly. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment