Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week 1 re-cap.

It's been a fun, full week in L'viv Ukraine.

I've basically just been following Shannon and David around and learning EVERY detail of their lives, house, and student ministry.

How many seconds do I have to hold the knob in that position to get the oven to light? 10 - I was paying attention.

Shannon leaves on Wednesday to head back to the states - so a good number of my responsibilities will kick in this week. I'm in charge of "Cooking with Jesus" this week. Last week we made meatloaf and mashed potatoes. This week we're going to go Irish for St. Patrick's day and make Shepherd's Pie, Macaroni and Cheese (apparently Irish?) and M&M cookies using only the green M&Ms. I wish my sister was here (and still had her red hair) so she could make an appearance as a leprechaun.

Yesterday at L'viv United Methodist church (which began weekly services in late January) we had 16 people - which was the largest number yet - and a really good service. Over the next few months we'll be working on building a stronger base, small groups, and eventually a Sunday School.

No comments:

Post a Comment