Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm in South Korea

Well, it's official. I'm here.

The flight from Pittsburgh to JFK in New York City was basically empty. The 6 hour layover was uneventful. The flight from JFK to Seoul South Korea was completely packed. There was only one empty seat ... in between me and the girl in the window seat. Janiye and I stretched out and layed our stuff over the seat so they didn't try to take it away from us. She confided how glad she was to not sit next to a smelly old Korean man. Janiye grew up in Korea and America and has a healthy perspective about both cultures. We talked and laughed a lot and I plan on hanging out with her and her boyfriend and their American friends in Seoul at some point.

I was almost quarantined because of my allergies. They thought I had swine flu.

I was met by an older gentleman who spoke no English. I wasn't sure for the first 45 minutes if he was even from my school or if he had just kidnapped me. But eventually the pastor called his cell phone and spoke with me. I was basically up for any adventure.

I'm staying at the girl's apartment temporarily(?) until they can find better accommodations for me. We'll see. I finally got to meet Leta Gorham, the missionary I've been speaking with on the phone for so long.

I'm getting up at 5AM for prayer in the morning so I had best sign off.

Love, Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment