Wednesday, September 16, 2009

“Anyone can count the seeds in a melon. It takes vision to count the melons in a seed.” –Unknown*

Anyone can count the seeds in a melon. It takes vision to count the melons in a seed. That's what I do - it's my job. I count melons in seeds. I teach with the hope that some day in the distant future my work here will produce missionaries.

Because I had people who counted the melons in the seeds in my life.

When I was young I had terrible speech problems. From my recollection I had difficulty saying my S,Sh,Ch,R,L,&G sounds. Susan Anderson was my speech therapist for years. She worked diligently with a very stubborn little boy who didn't really have much desire to learn, and she worked until his speech was clear and distinct. I slur my Ss when I'm really sleepy; but that is the only remnant of a debilitating speech impairment. I doubt Susan Anderson would have believed it if she had been told that I would end up sharing my faith in Jesus Christ in Russian. I can wrap my tongue around harsh Russian trilled Rs with the same efficiancy as a soft Korean mock R sound. Susan Anderson could count melons.

Anytime I have an "opportunity student" (read: problem student) I just pray, "He's the one, isn't he? He's the one who will lead the mission revolution one day." I spend my time counting melons in seeds.

This quote is taken from Chris Kindle's Facebook wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment