Monday, November 2, 2009

More Pictures


So, part of my job is that I occasionally get to give an English name to a new Kindergarten student. These are the three students I've named so far. On the left (the girl with the face you can't see) is Becky, named after my dearly loved sister, Rebecca, of course. To her right is Graham, named after Jonathan Graham Pound (there are WAY too many Koreans named John - and I only got to name one boy this class). And the boy on the right is Ricky, named after Ricky Zambrowicz.



So, little Ricky is my buddy. Everything he does is super cute. The book we are reading has the phrase "I am angry" at which point all the kids put up little devil horns ... these are Ricky's devil horns. I really think that this kid is going to change the world some day.




"Swine Flu: The Musical"




This is the bus that picks me up every day for Kindergarten, and in the background is Onyang Oncheon Methodist Church. The church has just unveiled the blue prints for its new multi-million dollar building program. The new church, high on a mountain, will be a little bigger than a regulation sized soccer field. "Mission Central" will also include the international school, home for the elderly, sports complex, kindergarten, soccer field, and amphitheatre. I will come back and visit in 10 years just to see everything completed.



This is actually a picture of a picture. The kindergarten teacher gave me the print, but I didn't have any other way of uploading it - but it might just be the cutest picture ever ... so I'm putting it up like this. These are 4 of my guys - dressed in their traditional Korean garb. This is why I'm here.

1 comment:

  1. They are so freaking adorable.

    When are you going to name one of your little chil'rens after me?

    ReplyDelete