Sunday, December 13, 2009

The hotel room

In my fifth living situation in six months, my school moved me into a former love-motel. For a quick cultural lesson, all Koreans live with their parents until they get married. Young adults don't bust out on their own ... so, promiscuous young people take advantage of love motels. They are usually nice, clean establishments - suitable for a romantic evening or honeymoon shenanigans.

This was all true about my current room in the late 80s. Now, recently divorced men, and -apparently- English teaching missionaries live here. Here are some pictures so everyone can have a good laugh at my expense.



I can't decide if my bathtub is shaped like lips or a heart. It sure is unique though!



This is where the fire extinguisher should be. "Should" is the operative word of the sentence. This is also my door that doesn't close and my lock that doesn't lock.



Nothing says love like the combination of a poorly done poster of a deer in a field and black mold on the ceiling. Classy.

Someday, I'll look back on this situation and laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

1 comment:

  1. The color of your walls is horrible. I feel so bad for you.

    ReplyDelete