Saturday, July 3, 2010

New Directions

These next two months will be incredibly busy for me. As you may have already noticed, I'm around a computer much less often then usual.

Last week was spent in Kerch, Ukraine. Youth and young adult leaders from all over the conference gathered at the sea-side to learn better leadership skills and to work with the street children in the area. It was great to meet other young people who are in ministry in this country. More than 30 of us gathered for a conference led by a wonderful team from Tennessee.

Yesterday I trained with Bill and Helen Lovelace to begin volunteering at the center for street children in Kiev. I will fill spots whenever I am able, balancing between my ministry with college students in L'viv and working in a social justice ministry in Kiev.

This next week will be spent with a great team from Virginia in English camp with many of the English Club students and others from L'viv. This is a huge week for us, and we are excited to share it with such great people from the states. The following week will hold VBS for kids in L'viv.

In late July I'll be heading to Berlin for the Global Young People's Convocation. It will be one week of sharing in the global nature of the United Methodist Church as youth and young adults from around the world gather together to examine what it means for young people to be United Methodist in the world where we live.

When I return I will head straight to Kiev and spend a month working daily with street children and at risk families.

Whew! I get a little tired just looking at my schedule, but I know that it's just right and I'm very thankful for it. I look forward to blogging about each event as it happens. Keep me accountable if I stop writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment