Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm in Kirov already. Suprises can be fun. I'll explain that in a later post. I can't leave everyone with no details from my time in Voronezh.

The United Methodist Church camp in Voronezh is beautiful. It's in a secluded area of the national forest, just up the hill from the river. It has a few older soviet style buildings ... it will take a good bit of work to repair them, but it will be worth it. There are a ton of cabins and an entire campground just for children. There is so much potential.

I was part of a mission work trip comprised of 7 Americans and 6 Germans. The Germans spoke wonderful English for the most part, and any German that came back was used only in a joking, non-necessary way. The Germans were extreme people. Up at 6AM for a swim in the river and prayer before breakfast. They worked circles around the Americans. I miss them much.

A few days into our work a youth camp began. It was American and Russian with a great group of kids and adults from Alabama. I have been invited to spend a long weekend in their town by several people! It was great fun to spend time with Russian Methodist youth. I had a great conversation with one of the boys, which I will blog about later.

Here's my blog schedule:
Conversation with boy at camp
Church on Sunday Morning
Konakovo
Getting to Kirov

In that order. Love, Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment