Thursday, July 9, 2009

Postsecret Billiards



I love this postcard. This is part of the Postsecret project. At Postsecret, people send their secrets in artful postcard form. The site runs in English, French, German, and Korean. There are English translations for every language except Korean. So, I have no idea what these little robots are sad about. But, someday, I will.

After another good day at school, I met the pastor's oldest son. He taught me how to play Korean billiards.

There are no pockets on a Korean billiard table.



The point is to hit your opponents ball after hitting the neutral ball and 3 walls. You hit your ball into the neutral ball, watch it hit (boom, boom, boom) three walls, and then pray that it bounces into your opponent's ball.

It's a game of extreme strategy. It's a lot of fun, and I'll get better at it before I leave.

Every day I'm learning more about Korean life and how to live here. I'm doing a little bit better at blending in every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment