Friday, June 19, 2009

It's been a long week. I moved into a new apartment, which pretty much changed the entire dynamic of my life.

My roomates are awesome and a lot of fun to hang out with. We all do our own thing, but when we get together we couldn't have more fun.

Our apartment is on the first floor, which is nice for a lot of reasons, however, because we don't use air conditioning we have to keep our windows open. Our windows overlook one of the apartment complexes playgrounds. Our apartment is very noisy. But, it's beautiful. I will post pictures when we get it decorated and how we want it.

The classes are going well, but I still want more Korean friends to spend time with. I'm very happy here, I enjoy my work and am still trying to get connected at church and in the community.

Because Americans who live here all work as English teachers, Koreans who speak English don't ever approach us to talk ... mainly because they feel that we would want to be paid for our time as they practiced their English. I don't feel this way and wish that Koreans would let me know that they speak English.

I'm adjusting to the food, but so far I only really enjoy expensive Korean food.

No comments:

Post a Comment