Monday, June 1, 2009

Update

So, I tried to post once, but it didn't post.

Today was the first day of classes. My classes are ok. I'm happy with them, but I'm not thrilled. The last group of teachers. I think in a few days I will know my kids better and will be better able to assess them. I have one class that will be a real test of patience and one class with 4 middle school age girls who don't speak a word of English. It could prove to be a long 3 months.

I enjoy a lot of the food, but there is some food that I hate. Every few days we go to a restaurant that doesn't allow us to order. They just bring us food. I'm never happy with that idea.

I rolled my ankle on the way to church yesterday. It swelled up like a watermellon last night. I know I'm fine because I can walk on it without too much pain. My ankle was too big to fit into any of my shoes (either of my pair of shoes!) so I had to wear my flip flops. Church was good, but not nearly as good as dawn prayer every morning.

The pastor took us to a very expensive Japanese resaurant one of the church Elders owns. We ate so much food we could have popped. Every time we felt full they would bring out more food. The food was great, except for the last course - fish bowel soup.

Over all everything is great here. I'm getting a bed and my own bedroom on Thursday. That will be really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment